Immunotherapy Lab Technician
Job Title: Immunotherapy Lab Technician
Job Location: Helsinki, Finland
Start Date: Immediately
Base Salary: Competitive (details upon enquiry)
Valo Therapeutics (Valo Tx) is an innovative biotechnology spinout from the University of Helsinki and the developer of novel cancer immunotherapies. Our unique approach to immunotherapy in cancer, based on an oncolytic virus combined with tumor-specific peptides, delivers a highly immunogenic and unique tumor vaccination platform. Please visit our webpage www.valotx.com for further information. Valo Tx has assembled a talented team of oncolytic virus and immunotherapy experts, and we are now looking for an experienced Lab Technician into our innovative team.
Valo Tx is seeking to employ a skilled Laboratory Technician with experience in analytical microbiology and aseptic working techniques. This individual will be jointly responsible for designing and executing in vitro and in vivo pre-clinical experiments, running virus amplification and purification procedures, generating and reporting formulation data and supporting day to day operational activities in the biotechnical lab.
A flexible and dynamic approach, a positive and proactive attitude and a willingness to adapt to new environments, ideas and techniques are all essential characteristics for our applicants. Working in a small team requires that all staff be versatile, creative and determined in the face of new challenges.
The following requirements are high priority for this position:
• Relevant education in Chemistry/Microbiology/Immunology or related field
• Oncology experience a strong asset
• Experience with or willingness to conduct in vivo animal experiments mandatory
• Experience with virus amplification and purification desirable
• Experience working under biosafety level 2 conditions desirable
• Experience in immunology, cancer research, or nanoparticle characterisation desirable
• Experience within a pharmaceutical organisation desirable
• Strong oral and written communication skills in English mandatory
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.